Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It's Almost Time!

My Book Launch Party is almost here. I don't have a lot of time until Friday, and I am super stressed. I think I have cried more these last few days than I have in a long time. I finally have all of my formats done and uploaded onto their sites. I am still waiting for my print version through Amazon to approve my cover page changes. My title was just 1/16 of an inch off! But it was too noticeable.

Once I finally got everything changed and ready, I was hit with the worst news yet. My books won't be shipped to me in enough time for my launch party. I will be receiving them some time next week. So I will be having a launch party without any books! I feel very incompetent and more that a little embarrassed right now. Even though most of the problem was completely out of my control, it still doesn't make me feel any better.

I feel bad for the people who do still come to my book-less party, because they are most likely coming out of pity. At least I will have some cookies to give them for their trouble.

I would change my party for another day, one where I can actually have my books, but June 14th is important. It is a very significant date in my novel and in my life actually. This Friday will be the sixth year anniversary of my baby boy's death. This book and this party is for him, so I feel like I can't change it. So we are carrying on, even if the situation is less than ideal. Here's to hoping everything works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment